Mud Cloth Throw (lines)
- The Story
- Contact Us
For centuries the Bambara people have used Bogolan [Bogolanfini] or Mud Cloth to mark major life events. This quintessential West African fabric is created from narrow strips of cotton cloth stitched together by hand, adorned with a symbolic iron-rich mud geometric design.
- Locally grown cotton is woven into long 15cm wide strips and stitched together.
- After soaking the design is painted with mud, the excess is washed off and then soaked in a boiled solution to enhance the colour.
- Each textile is created using traditional techniques, rustic with slight imperfections.
- No two fabrics are exactly the same, they are a one-of-a-kind piece.
- Beautiful as a throw, mount on the wall as textile art piece or create an unique piece of furniture or a bedhead.
length 155-165 cm | width 98-105 cm | weight 0.550-0.700 kg
HANDCRAFTED IN MALI
Complimentary Standard delivery with Australia Post.
International Standard or Express delivery with Australia Post is calculated when added to your cart.
WHEN WE DELIVER
Same day dispatch for orders received and paid in full before 11.00am (AEST) Monday to Friday. Outside of this time, your order will be dispatched the following business day.
For more information about this Mud Cloth Throw contact us:-
T / SMS +61 (0) 416 037 117